Nandan Nilekani, Omidyar Network, Tata Trusts, and Google
INR 52 crores (USD 7.8 million) to date
Archetype:Build a field: eGov’s DIGIT platform strengthens municipal service agencies and improves urban Indians’ quality of life.
- Vassar Labs
- National Institute of Urban Affairs
By incorporating both government-focused and citizen-focused technology solutions in DIGIT, eGov has developed a 360-degree solution to India’s urban governance problem. In addition, DIGIT’s open-source technology allows for the rapid creation of new modules, in partnership with a wide array of software developers. To date, DIGIT has been deployed in five states—Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh—delivering enhanced services to 40 million urban citizens.
- Establish a scalable model to enable widespread adoption
- Partner with government officials who are committed to mobilizing change
- Invest in efforts to increase public awareness and adoption
- Build solutions that address the needs of all stakeholders
- Use the expertise of partner organizations to drive impact
- Use data-driven feedback loops to improve program efficacy